Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-02-2008 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber

Would like feedback on horse cycles

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 2 10-02-2008 , 03:35 PM
it looks like theres a lot of movement in the shoulders that makes it seem a bit strange, for the gallop have a look at eaward muybridges horse, referance that you will find priceless!!

Shouldd help the overall look, if not give me a shout, via e-mail, ive got some stuff

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 10-02-2008 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, i'll have a play with the shoulders. I've been looking at Muybridge and video reference so I must be missing something obvious.

Are there key things that all horse cycles should have? The way we're being taught is very much study the videos yourself and animate from that but it would be nice to know of things that must always be in a cycle so I don't miss something crucial user added image
Thanks
Simon user added image

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 4 10-02-2008 , 03:49 PM
Best thing I could say is think about how the joints fit together and how they would move, how it would work in FBIK for a horse what joint would move the rest etc.

Sorry if it sounds cryptic.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-02-2008 , 09:00 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
the back is swaying too much and generally too much body movement int the walk cycle
did u make the model?
the gallop is good