Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-07-2007 , 06:09 AM
Subscriber

POLYS NOT CONVERTING TO SUB-D'S

Hi guys,
I've just modeled a low poly character and when I convert one half into sub-d it converts fine, however when I duplicate one half of the character,combine the two halves,weld the verts and then try to convert it back to sub d's it does'nt convert.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Many thanks Munny.

# 2 11-07-2007 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
Hello,

instead of duplicating and attaching as a poly try converting the half character into sub-d and hitting the mirror option in the sub-d nebu. Now select both halves and hit the attach option, this will joi the 2 objects and merge any seam. You may have to tinker with the values of the 2 commands a little so that they work properly.

Hope that helps,

Mat.

# 3 11-07-2007 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
i don't know hoe heavy your 'low-poly' count is, but more likely your convert settings need to be adjusted.

check the script editor what it says.

if there is a error like:
Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): Cannot create subdivision surface as the resulting surface would have more base mesh faces (14400) than the maximum allowed (1500).

Go to modify->convert->poly to subd->option box paste the first number, in this case 14400 into the maximum base mesh faces.

That should do it.

# 4 13-07-2007 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber

polys not converting to sub d'S

MANY thanks guys,

I'll give both suggestions a go.

Munny.