Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-02-2015 , 06:37 PM

Polygon/Edge Issue...

i everyone can anyone shed some light on the issue im having, Ive been chasing this round my model for hours now and cannot get rid of it no matter what i try, im a total newbie to modelling....

Im running the latest Maya 2015. Thanks any feedback i smuch appreciated - Adam

user added image

# 2 15-02-2015 , 07:39 AM
Just select those edges and use Delete edge/vertex tool.

# 3 15-02-2015 , 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reply Pierre, I've tried that and nothing happens... The edges just will not delete - Adam

# 4 15-02-2015 , 09:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Have you tried a mesh cleanup?

What are you modeling with polys or is it sub'd. It sorta looks like something I remember from sub'd modeling but it's been a while since I touched sub'ds so not sure.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 5 16-02-2015 , 08:58 AM
Maybe attach the obj file or maya scene, i'll take a look what's the problem.

# 6 20-02-2015 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber
try selecting all the faces within that area, deleting, go to vertex mode and make sure there are no strays left over, then just filling in that one bigger face

# 7 28-02-2015 , 11:16 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ah this is a subdivision surface. Not seen these in use for a while

First of all, for saftey, merge all your verts with a low tolerence. Then save. Then in the hypergraph check for blind data nodes. This is like a geometry history for subd's. In a hypergraph select the object and graph the input and output connection, this will show you all the nodes that are connected to the object. If there is any blind data, simply delete them and anything that isnt attached to the object nodes.

Sometimes when you do this the object will drop the shader, so simply re-assign it and you should be good to go!!

Jay