Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-11-2002 , 09:49 AM
Kevin

HP - Chamber Of Secrets

Went to see this last Sunday night with my daugher Jodie.

Well I dont know where to start.... At first I thought it was me. I was so board! I couldnt wait for it to end! I think its about 2 hrs 30 mins but it felt like 4 weeks. I even ate 2 jumbo popcorns!

But I kept quiet as I didnt want to spoil it for my girl, until she looked up at me and said "dad, this is rubbish...can we go home?" So I was not alone in my quest for freedom.

Now I dont read books, so I cant compare it, but after in the toilets the people where saying "wasnt as good as the book, or dam.. that was stretched out!" etc etc.

I understand the story to it and I must admit that inplaces it did look visually good. But for a little kid to say they were board is a major concern for a film directed at kids, although I was at fault by thinking that Jodie was to young as all the kids were glad to get out.

And that ginger haired kid is such a bad actor....my dog would do a better job.

Any way ...not trying to put any one off as some might think it is the best film in history.... I didnt like the first either, but on trailors this did look a little better.

So all in all - money wasted .... and a little bit fatter through the pop corn.

Rubbish

3/10 !

# 2 12-11-2002 , 02:19 PM
Damn .. I´ll check around with my brother ... he´s my bored-o-meter, if he isn´t asleep by the first 10 minutes then the movie is good, if he is, we´re doomed. we´re outta there. user added image (8years old)

# 3 12-11-2002 , 07:39 PM
SM Alumni
Gotta admit I loved the books, but wasnt overly keen on the first film (though Alan Rickman as ever, was awesome). Think I'll wait for this one to come out on video though.
Lets hope the two towers makes up for this when it comes out next month user added image most definatly looking forward to that one

# 4 12-11-2002 , 08:06 PM
OHhhohohohoo .. me too. user added image

# 5 12-11-2002 , 08:41 PM
SM Alumni
Damn, Kev. If Jodie didn't like it it must be crap!!

& yep, bring on Two Towersuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 6 12-11-2002 , 08:42 PM
Kevin
i wouldnt watch 2 towers if they gave me a free ticket and all the pop corn i could eat!

rubbish! absolute crap

# 7 12-11-2002 , 08:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
I liked the first LotR. Is the next one not good?

# 8 12-11-2002 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
Not a big LOTR fan myself. Start Wars Episode 2, is out on DVD today. I have exactly 1 hour til work ends, then I'm off to get it! Can't wait to see what Visual FX tricks and methods are included in the bonus materials. If it's anything like the Episode 1 DVD extras, then I'll be happy.

Steven C.
# 9 13-11-2002 , 01:12 AM
Still waiting for HP2 here in Minneapolis, opening this friday.

I've read all the books, and seen both the the us, and uk trailers, as well as the 13 released shots, and I can't wait to see it.

I'll like it no mater what, because I usually go to see a flick for the VFX value anyway...

Plus, I love the hot dogs and nachosuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 13-11-2002 , 04:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
your theatre has hotdogs and nachos? Sounds pretty fancy. user added image

# 11 13-11-2002 , 04:23 AM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
your theatre has hotdogs and nachos? Sounds pretty fancy. user added image

LOL, Ours here must be outta this world then, because you can even order stuff from within de room itself LOL

# 12 13-11-2002 , 04:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
lol, my little cattle town has a single 4-screen theatre... popcorn, candy, and a drink if you're lucky. user added image

# 13 13-11-2002 , 01:17 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mtmckinley
lol, my little cattle town has a single 4-screen theatre... popcorn, candy, and a drink if you're lucky. user added image

wow... so is it the kind of place where bull riding is main entertainment feature? user added image

# 14 13-11-2002 , 04:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
no, not big enough for that. Have to travel to the big city 100 miles away to see that stuff. lol

# 15 13-11-2002 , 04:31 PM