Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-07-2013 , 10:36 PM

Can't download people for my scene!

user added imageI want to insert figures into my scene. I really need business people. They are so expensive and before I purchase some from Creative Crash I tried downloading some free .mb files but they download as .rar files, which Maya does not recognize.
I am also frustrated as I was told I could easily import .3ds files (there are many more people files available in this format) but Maya does not recognize. I tried downloading the Maya 2013 Bonus tools from Autodesk but I still don't get any drop down menu with these tools. I tried selecting this file type in the plugins manager but I only see .bundle files (no option to select .rar or .3ds files for download).
Any help is appreciated. I just need some seated and standing business people to drop into my scene.

# 2 17-07-2013 , 11:31 PM
Bored but busy
Rar files are compressed files. You need winrar to unzip them.