Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-02-2016 , 06:07 PM

Pivot Point Problem. Help pls

My problem is that every time I create a new nurbs curve whereever on space, it's object pivot point is located on the 0.0.0 point (centre of the grid). How can I change so that every new nurbs curve has its pivot point on the centre of the object? And also how can I change the default new object's pivot point so lets say for examble to appear on the base of the object or on a specific translate values?

I am trying but it seems I cant find the solution. Please help

Thank u

# 2 22-02-2016 , 03:47 PM
EduSciVis-er
You can certainly go Modify > Center Pivot to center the pivot on the object. I don't know if you can change that to be the default setting. You can also hit insert or hold d to enter pivot edit mode, and then you should be able to snap the pivot to the grid or the curve. Hope that helps.

# 3 27-02-2016 , 01:46 PM
You can activate curve snapping and hold D key, which enables editing pivot, and snap along curve as you wish.