Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-05-2010 , 11:15 PM

good orthographic render

Hi everyone. I'm an architect and I'm trying to so sectional renders of my model by getting an orthographic camera and getting it to slice thorugh the model.

I normally render just using physical sun and sky but when I try to do this with an orthographic camera it just comes out with really harsh black shadows and a black back ground. Anyone know the best render settings for getting good mental ray section cuts? Is it possible to do good orthographic renders with sun and sky? Any help much appreciated!

# 2 05-06-2010 , 06:08 PM
Technical Director
There is a cheat. Create a perspective camera, then turn the focal length up to some very high value. Somewhere greater than 200 or so. This will lower the amount of radial distortion that is simulated on the lens.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.