Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-05-2006 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber

import AVI in to maya

ja
# 2 24-05-2006 , 08:27 PM
Depends on your actual video footage, I suppose. And what version of maya you have, too.

If you have a dynamic camera movement (a lot of movement, say with a lot of pans or something like that), and if you have it, you can use maya live. Check the help files in maya first for the tutorials (maya live may only come with the unlimited version, but it might come with complete). If you don't have that much camera movement (say you're running on a tread mill, and the camera's in place) then what you do is you key the camera that you'll render from to account for that movement (so, from point A to point B over however many seconds).

In either case, if you're going to import the footage into maya, you need to seperate out the video file into individual frames. There are a number of cheap or free programs running around that you can use to do this. Maya should be able to read just about any file format you choose; if you don't have live you just need to set up a camera image plane attached with the 'video file' texture node (it wants indidvidual frames though, not an actual video file). Just make sure all your frames are numbered properly first.

One note here - don't composite the video footage inside of maya - in other words, don't render your animation or whatever in such a way that the video that you shot is visible - use an actual video editing piece of software to composite the two (again, there are a number of means and programs to accomplish that).

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 24-05-2006 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber

maya 6.5

I have maya 6.5.

can i keying the green screen in after effects and put it in maya after that?

ja
# 4 24-05-2006 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
what type of file must i render to, in after effects?

ja
# 5 25-05-2006 , 01:32 AM
k....
you don't have to key the footage from the greenscreen until after you've gotten your render from maya - in fact, depending on how things are setup, keeping the full frame may be better. The basic idea is that you take your accumulated video footage (usually on a shot-by-shot basis), strip it out to frames (usually as a .jpeg file) and then import it into maya. Then you animate or whatever else needs doing, render out the stuff in maya (minus whatever footage you shot), and import that into after effects (or whatever program you have), which you then use to composite the footage (this is the point at which you key the computer for the background). At least, that's the way I'd do it...

I have maya 6.5 as well. That's not what you need to look for. If you look in the drop-down menu (which contains modeling, animation, dynamics, etc) Live should be in there, if you have it and the plugin is enabled. You'd also be able to tell whether you have Unlimited or Complete by the name on the shortcuts that maya gives you (ie. "Maya Unlimited 6.5", etc).

Book Wise

# 6 27-05-2006 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber
i have the Maya Unlimited 6.5. but i dont get it, can you make a tutorials for me or something like that?user added image

ja
# 7 28-05-2006 , 07:42 AM
umm.. the version of maya you got should have had a tutorial on Maya Live. The files needed for it may be on another disc, if I remember correctly. But if you open the help menu, and click on 'tutorials', one of the topics there should be on maya live. Try doing that first.

Book Wise

# 8 28-05-2006 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
But i make a animation with a few camera movement. but when i put the man i have kyed from the green screen and i put it in the animation, then the man not follow the camera, he just stock in the camera. Do you know what i mean?

ja