Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-10-2005 , 01:29 AM

exhaust

Hello everybody,

I'm starting to learn about Maya Fluids now, and I must say it's pretty complicated for me. There are just too many parameters to handle.

I have this spaceship modeled in polygons and I want to create a nice exhaust for it. So, after 2 days of headaches I figured it out, but, of course with many imperfections. I used a 3D Fluid container with a center gradient Color input on the Color section, white and blue. The thing is that I want to shape it like a cone (like, for example, the exhaust of an F-16) and I don't know how to do it. I've tried with particles, fields, etc., but I can't get the desired effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Bye

Eduardo

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-10-2005 , 06:25 PM
here is a closer view:

Attached Thumbnails