Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-02-2010 , 05:51 PM

Fur density issue

I'm pretty new to maya so this is hopefully a really simple one, but when I apply fur to a surface it won't let me change the density value.

It let's me change the number (i.e. it's not greyed out) but when I do, nothing happens, regardless of how massive a change I make.

Is there a setting somewhere that stops the density being changeable? Seems odd.

I appreciate any advice!

# 2 08-02-2010 , 05:57 PM
EduSciVis-er
I haven't really used fur before, but sometimes in Maya things only are visible when you render. Have you tried doing quick renders at different densities? I wonder if maybe changing the density is not visible in the viewport. That's the only thing I can think of. If that's not it, hopefully someone else can help you out.

# 3 08-02-2010 , 07:15 PM

woop woop

Yeh that's perfect thanks, just changes in the render, I guess to save on RAM usage whilst modelling.

I'm glad it was simple!