Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2004 , 06:56 AM

Composition

This is really all photoshop but it i a composition of the Halo toy figures from joyride sturios and some stock photography from imageafter.com. I hope you like it. it is for my photoshop class. They are not letting me touch Maya or max yet. All the effects are painted.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-02-2004 , 12:08 PM
BOOM!! nice i like it

# 3 03-02-2004 , 08:26 PM
Wow, if this is only 2d....

Lungs not guns....
# 4 04-02-2004 , 03:54 AM
Thanks, There are photos in there so I did nto paint the whole thing. Here is the final.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 04-02-2004 , 04:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
pretty neat. You might consider showing this at simplyphotoshop.

# 6 04-02-2004 , 11:47 AM
yeah i really like it! I dont like the border edges though. Photoshop texturing filters and by definition crap and cheap looking. I would leave it as plain black (so it looks like widescreen) and leave it like that I think that would look more professional

great work though
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 04-02-2004 , 04:56 PM
Yeah, and add frame markers and numbers, so it appears to be a frame from a movie you scanned user added image

Lungs not guns....
# 8 04-02-2004 , 05:29 PM
mtmckinle, thanks. I want to but my account is funny and I acedentaly deleted the activation e-mail because it went to the bulk folder.

Pure_Morning and strobe7 , those are a great compliments. here is a movie frame style and a new framed work. Which do you like the best please????

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 04-02-2004 , 05:32 PM
and the improved frame

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 04-02-2004 , 05:32 PM
yup that's a lot more proffesional (the first image, I still dont like the border on the second, it's too distracting) and it looks great! anychane you could post the original elements so we could take a look what you started with?

Ps add you name at the bottom of the frame, it's a work to be proud of user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 11 04-02-2004 , 05:53 PM
Thanks. I will go with the frame. My girlfriend said to do it but I did not listen. Haha. I will post them tonight or tomarrow for ya. there are a lot of pictures so it will be tough to make out the detail when I srink them but you will get the idea. The photo I took of Master Chief on the far left I am pround of just as a photo. The contrast was completely done from the real lighting setup.

# 12 04-02-2004 , 09:48 PM
Great work mate!

-------------------------------------------
# 13 08-02-2004 , 10:18 PM
Yeah, really nice stuff there. Would love to see the full composition element by element. It's actually hard to tell what is what in there. I see the toy figures, and I see some images, but would love to see just how many elements you actually composited together. If you could do that, I just may use your image as an example for my Photoshop students. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 14 09-02-2004 , 06:12 AM
Oops, That is right. I nead to do that. I just spent a lot of time doing another one for school. This one was a bit more deficult because it neaded to be color. This is the breakdown and it is simplified. The forground image with painted shadows.

Attached Images
# 15 09-02-2004 , 06:19 AM
Here is a picture of one of the soldiers. You can see the pins and joints. I used my bathroom to take the pictures because I could control the lights the best.

Attached Thumbnails