Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-04-2005 , 05:45 PM

Copying 2 UV sets into 1

I have a character for which I made 2 separate uv maps. One for the head and one for the face. But now I need to export them as one so I can load it into a game.

When I copy 1 UV set into another it seems to overwrite the old uv set completely. I want to "merge" the uv sets into the same uv set.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

# 2 05-04-2005 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber
I hope there is a better way to do it now than how I ended up having to do it.

for some reson the copy or transfer comands overwrite what is there. The work around that I know of is......

seprat the object in to 2 where the difrent UV's meet. Once that is done the one with the second UV set... copy that set to the defalt UV set.. probably named map1, or what ever your original is using for the defalt map. You might want to move thoughs UV's off to the side of the UV space to more easaly araing things when you have them togather. At this point you can combine the 2 objects in to one. You merg the verts or edges.. and you should have the 2 peaces of UV's on the same map now, you just have to re-arainge them.

# 3 05-04-2005 , 02:39 AM
I figured out that in the UV window there is an option to to "copy uvs to set->" So if you right-click mouse and select "UV" components. Then select the UVs you want to copy (in my case all of them). Just a tip make sure the UVs are in a different area of the map then the one you are copying to cause it can be hard to separate them later.

# 4 05-04-2005 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
you did this and it didn't delet what you had on map1 ? it deleted the first set for me on V6. So you were able to get the maps togather like that ?

Last edited by Pony; 05-04-2005 at 05:40 AM.
# 5 05-04-2005 , 05:43 AM
correct. It did not delete them this way. However, it delete them when I did it via the "Edit Polygons"->"Texture"->copy uv set or whatever it is. This is in version 6.5 not sure if that has anything to do with it.

# 6 05-04-2005 , 06:19 AM
Subscriber
yeah it might have with that verstion number. I tryed it like you did inside the texture editer and didn't work for me. Glad to see its fixed in 6.5