Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-07-2005 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber

3D World article by me!!

Hi all. Sorry, I haven't been around for a while, been very busy at work with deadlines and everything.

Just thought I'd let you all know that I made it into this month's 3D World magazine (issue 68)! I've written an piece about matchmoving, which is included in an article about numerous jobs that are often overlooked in the 3D community. I feel very pleased to have been asked to write this, as you can imagine!! I also recieved my first film credit this month, for doing work in Tim Burton's Charlie and the chocloate factory , which I was lucky enough to see at a cast and crew screening last weekend........the film is ace, I recommend you all go and see it!! All in all, I'm having a pretty good week (apart from all the work deadlines!!).

user added image user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 2 21-07-2005 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
Well done Lisa, I will have to look out for it. user added image 3D world always gets here late, so a long wait user added image

# 3 21-07-2005 , 08:59 PM
Congrats on your article and the movie!

# 4 21-07-2005 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Lisa - congratulations, on both article and film. Who knows - maybe next week will be even better...

best

Keith

# 5 21-07-2005 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
Congratulations, I guess you can officially say you have made it 'BIG'. :attn:

# 6 21-07-2005 , 10:22 PM
SM Tea Boy
Congrats on the movie I'm looking forward to watching it. Nice to see one of our long standing members doing so well. Don't forget us when your rich and famous.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 21-07-2005 , 10:41 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
First o' all, congrats on both movie and the article.
Secon', what exactly have u done in the movie?

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 8 21-07-2005 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
Lisa,
CONGRATS! So are you responsible for the umpaloompa's all having the same face? That guy had the best role!

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 9 22-07-2005 , 12:10 AM
Technical Director
Nice mate! My sis just saw that movie. She said it was awsome. What were you doing on the film?

So match moving eh? Cool. Well, 3d world here in canada is delayed by 3 months user added image.

Ill have an eye out.

Congratz!

Also keep you eye out here: https://imdb.com/find?q=lisa%20gonzalez;s=all user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 10 22-07-2005 , 12:19 AM
The Maya Mountain
congrats!

# 11 22-07-2005 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to reading some of your articles in 3D World hopefully!!

I was one of the main matchmove artists on Charlie, I was responsible for the matchmove on about 50-60 shots in the movie, for set extensions, motion control stuff and other general matchmove. I also did 3D roto in the Violet blueberry transformation sequence. MPC did do all of the oompas, Framestore did the squirrels (they were awesome!!).

Peltra...I'm not too sure if I'm listed on the IMDB yet, I've only just signed up. I'll need to keep checking!!

user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/