Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-03-2008 , 01:47 AM

smee again... eyeball constraint proble

so my aim constraints work, except for when i move the character, then the eyeballs move, but if i move the aim constraints the eyeballs go all over, rotating around some weird axis that i dont know what it is.

i think its because when i bound the skin to the bones, i also bound the eyeballs. what do you guys think?

edit: i duplicated the eyeballs and deleted the old ones, and parented the new pair to the neck control, then constrained them to the old locaters i was using. user added image

Last edited by mcrae44; 23-03-2008 at 01:54 AM.
# 2 23-03-2008 , 05:27 PM
Hi,

when you constrained the eyes to the control, did you check relative? If you don't, it can create the effect you describe. Just un-constrain them then re-constrain, or you might even be able to just check it on in the attribute editor or channel box.

cheers

gubar