Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-03-2007 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber

T shirt designs

I'm doing a design which will be printed on to a T shirt. The shirt will be 21"x29". I'm going to make the design on the computer, but I'm confused by all this talk of DPI.
Does anyone know what the best resolution or DPI or whatever would be for the print?
Cheers user added image

# 2 09-03-2007 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
ahhm probably not the right place to post this question, but anyway....

I think usually the standard res for print is 300dpi. saved as tiff or pdf file.

# 3 09-03-2007 , 03:21 PM
Always keep a pdf in case you ever want to go back and edit something user added image

# 4 09-03-2007 , 11:43 PM
keep in mind that the finer (higher) the resolution (DPI) the better quality your image will be.

higher-end inkjet printers and most laser printers can change the dpi that they print at. in terms of printing, DPI is dots per inch. 100 dots per inch means that 100 dots of ink will fit in an inch of print space (per line). going down to 50 dots will make the ink dots bigger, and going up to 200 dots will make the dots smaller, allowing for more detail.

for printing regular text documents 72 dpi is usually good enough. for printing images, it depends on the image size and quality. if the image is huge, you can increase the dpi (which won't affect the size of the image on the computer) and the printer will print it differently.

300 is usually good enough, but you're printing on a t-shirt... how will it be printed? if it's printed straight onto the tshirt, there's the possibility that you can't even achieve that resolution.

Accept no substitutions.