Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-11-2008 , 07:40 PM

channel box problem

Hi there, im really new to maya and have been trying to teach myself some basics recently. My problem is that when i create a polygon shape and bring up my channels box by pressing ctrl A twice i dont seem to have a inputs section to add subdivisions to the polygon shapeuser added image is there an option to bring this up?? im using maya 2008 any help would be greatly appriciated cheers

# 2 30-11-2008 , 07:53 PM
Most likely you have the construction history toggled off. It should be one of the icons on the status line...looks like a piece of parchment. Make sure it's active.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 30-11-2008 , 08:02 PM
yo thanks alot mate that sorted my problemuser added image now i can start properly modelling

# 4 30-11-2008 , 09:27 PM
Jr.Who

# 5 07-02-2009 , 06:24 AM

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Most likely you have the construction history toggled off. It should be one of the icons on the status line...looks like a piece of parchment. Make sure it's active.

Thank you very much. You have no idea how much time I spend trying to figure a way to reactivate the inputs menu. (Maya's official manual does not even mention this).

# 6 07-02-2009 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by lobbot
(Maya's official manual does not even mention this).

i'm pretty sure it does, it just does it in odd random places using proper terminology that new comers won't know... or it's implied somewhere

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D