Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-08-2003 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber

GUN model.

Hello.

I'm working on this atm moment. The normals are annoying me - it's a bit shiny so I'll post a wire in a sec.

C+C.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-08-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
And here's that shaded/wire mode

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 09-08-2003 , 07:20 PM
Very nice. As you say its a bit too shiney. And maybe adding some screws into the handle to give it that manufactured look?

# 4 09-08-2003 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Hi!

thanks for the reply. the render was a test to see what was up with the odd tessalation (NORMALS-soft/hard). It's still WIP and I have yet to finish the barrel/bullet/gripsurface+texturing. user added image The render is a shonky 1 minute HDRI MR image.

# 5 10-08-2003 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
If that is a 'classic' .38 (looks like an early Taurus M85 or similar manufacturer but I might be wrong and it could be the original S and W) then the back part of the main body is perpendicular to the rest of it, the handle itself comes out at an angle - naturally really as it is a seperate piece - but the main body is virtually flat as it is a single piece of engineering (the body is formed from pressed plates).

It just looks a bit curved up one way on your model, but it might just be the angle. I attach a piccy with an arrow showing where I mean. Might come from extruding the grip from the main body of course.

Has a good shape overall. Are you doing steel frame w/ wood grip or a later version?

Attached Images