Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 27-08-2006 , 04:54 PM

Originally posted by gster123
I think that ZB can handle the very high poly counts as what you see when your modeling is only a representation of the polygon object not the object itself, hence the 2.5D

It only becomes 2.5d when you go out of edit mode and drop it to the canvas or go into projection master

# 32 27-08-2006 , 04:59 PM
Yeah man,

I get what you mean, it would make sense, I think its just a different way of looking at a problem, say the way a rotary engine works compared to a V or inline (both completly different ways or doing the same thing using the same basic components)

Newer versions of software should be exciting!

# 33 27-08-2006 , 07:35 PM
I like the new polygon split tool btw.. i don't know if this was pisslbe i didn't saw it mentioned in the what's new but you can just split and edge.. and skip a few and it will split the edges in between automatically :attn:

# 34 05-09-2006 , 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Jay
No vector render in 64 bit?

Of all the things to worry about.

How many of you are using 64 bit machines to gain any advantage in that area. Im not for sure. It cool if you are a production house at it hammer and tongs but most guys here arent.

As great as Maya is, this version is just a number with odds and sods in it, I cannot justify the upgrade yet.

Jay

Unless you're running a realtime devhouse and want to import your proprietary engine to the viewport... (changing your perspective viewport for your game engine's perspective viewport)

# 35 05-09-2006 , 09:35 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Um okay...

Jay

# 36 05-09-2006 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
You guys lost me a couple of replies ago....

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !