Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-06-2009 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber

RIP Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson passed away today (thursday) around noon at the age of 50, seriously, it's pretty damn sad, RIP MJ https://shortlinks.net/mwq987

# 2 25-06-2009 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
yes sad day.

But I affrad His music is going to be every where now - which is great for the fans but for people like me will drive me insane.

Don`t get me wrong I know many liked his music - I just found it dull and thought he was a little crazy.

Music channels are going to be playing the top 20 hits of MJ, the craziest news storys - hours of comments from pop acts that did not even know him. And no matter what channel you put on He will be there. News stories on forums that have nothing to do with music, members shouting at people saying jokes about the guy when last week it was funny. There are even people asking what`s going to happen to the Beatles rights - my god - we live in a sad world. All this and he`s not been dead 2 hours yet...

They did the same thing with Diana, 2pac, Left Eye, Biggie and Jade Goodee and lets face it MJ is bigger than them all.

Here`s hoping the media backs off. I`m all ready sick of this story as its everywhere. Its sad he`s dead - it really is - but I dont need to know about it 24/7 for the next 3 months.

Wishing a peaceful goodbye from me to him - R.I.P to a icon of music

# 3 26-06-2009 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber
I know what you mean, although I do like pretty much all of his music. I just don't want to hear it non stop for the next 3-6 months. It already seems it's a bigger deal than Ed McMahon's death and Farrah Fawcett's death. Hopefully he can finally be at peace without the millions of people harassing and talking about him all the time.

# 4 26-06-2009 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber
lucky for me i no longer work in the mall or listen to the radio :p

it is sad... and weird....

hmm... i remember listening to the chipmunks singing his beat it song when i was little...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 26-06-2009 , 09:50 AM
Subscriber
good point tweetytunes. I was very sad to hear the news last night. My mum told me with a tear in her eye and I watched news 24 for an hour or so, It is quite numbing. I thought Uri Gellers words were quite powerful, usually I think he's a bit of a loon.

I have lots of memories triggered by his music. It's quite a shock

# 6 26-06-2009 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
Being someone who never appreciated pop or his style of music so i cant quite feel saddened over this.
True he was an icon though and i understand but I'm more with Tweety on the idea that its best to drop it sooner than later.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 7 26-06-2009 , 02:39 PM
The Nurb Herd
i was shocked this morning... i had all the jokes by 10am, i can't believe how fast people think them up!

# 8 26-06-2009 , 03:54 PM
He was just a person.
and truth be told, you don't die at age fifty unless you bring it upon yourself (excluding cars, falling off stuff, etc.). He went into cardiac arrest, which led me to believe drugs were involved. I don't know what though, we will hear soon enough.
Oh well,
Rest in peace,
and haunt me,
that would be cool.
I mean really, its MICHAEL JACKSON..
But in all seriousness, he had to die eventually, so don't mourn his death.
to quote the great Gatsby:
"We should learn to appreciate someone while they are alive, not only after they are dead"

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com

Last edited by Joopson; 26-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
# 9 26-06-2009 , 06:28 PM
Not a fan at all but its sad when someone dies, though the aweful thing is what tweety said.

Originally posted by Joopson
truth be told, you don't die at age fifty unless you bring it upon yourself (excluding cars, falling off stuff, etc.).

Right, sure.... Get that written down and published, you may have rewirtten medical science there....

Farrah fawcett died as well

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 10 26-06-2009 , 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah its a real bummer, I did like a few of his songs, he had a natural talent to entertain. It was weird hearing my mom say that she's just waiting to hear them say he came out of the coma, I asked her why did she care so much, he was just another person, and she said something that made me think a bit, she said that his existence showed up a lot of things that are "quirky" with human society. People labeled and judged him to put him on that pedestal and turned around to judge and label him into being a joke that fell into obscurity. Now they're spitting out biographies and documentaries when the man hasn't been dead a day. And that she wished he'd wake up just to shut them the hell up. And I think she's right, they're turning it into a circus and its just plain sad.

The jokes are in pretty poor taste, two people died, whoever took time out their day to put those images together is an ass, they haven't been dead 48 hours.

- Genny
# 11 26-06-2009 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
In memory of the pop king i decided to make his hollywood star thing in maya.
R.I.P Michael Jackson

Attached Thumbnails

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 12 26-06-2009 , 07:44 PM

Originally posted by gster123

Right, sure.... Get that written down and published, you may have rewirtten medical science there....

Well, I worded it wrong, but really, it is true.
Unless it is a serious disease or a physical blow of some kind (which, may I mention, there was no knowledge of) it can really only be self-inflicted (either accidentally or purposefully) .
The immediate thoughts are on medication, according to CNN, and I don't doubt it.
And sorry about trying to lighten the mood, but remember, he was only a person. He had to die eventually... and the truth of the matter is that some people liked him, others didn't. The ones who didn't made those images. The ones who did were insulted by those images... I laughed at them personally, so I don't lean either way.
Now please, death isn't some big scary thing that is meant to be free of joking, smiling, and good-spirits. I personally applaud those who made the images, because the only way to get over a death is to laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine. And while it may be in bad taste, so were a lot of things Michael Jackson did.
My point is, don't be insulted by jokes, because they are jokes.
'nuff said,

-Andy

www.joopson.com
# 13 26-06-2009 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
joopson you never heard of a kid dieing of cancer or even of a heart disease, and had never smoked or anything? You've never heard of people dieing young that they never physically brought upon themselves? If not look around it happens quite often

Anyway, I wish the media and the crazed fans would just let the guy rest in peace, he never got the peace before. Let the man have it now.

# 14 26-06-2009 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber
unfortunately not everyone chooses apathy

i dont know any of his songs other than a few (we had to sing them at primary school...)

heck i didn't even know his song black and white(?) was about skin colour until someone years later mentioned it
mainly because i don't think like that (why would i?) and people would dance to that wearing black and white clothes.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 15 27-06-2009 , 04:26 AM

Originally posted by Joopson
Unless it is a serious disease or a physical blow of some kind (which, may I mention, there was no knowledge of) it can really only be self-inflicted (either accidentally or purposefully) .

Rhetoric, I clearly stated that when I restated myself.
most cancers (whether you want to believe it or not) are self-inflicted, though accidentally. Your bodies ability to handle what you put in it is the only cause of cancer. whether it be smoke, McDonald's, or some other strange thing.....

sorry to be the enemy in this thread, there is a first time for everything, hehe user added image

www.joopson.com