Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-07-2006 , 12:47 AM

X-Ray question

Hi! I have a question, if you can help me please: how can i insert the x-ray button into the custom tab in shelf, i know that for the other buttons you must press ctrl+shift and left mouse button but this doesn't work for x-ray. Please help!!! I appreciate.

# 2 15-07-2006 , 07:12 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok this should get you going

Copy & past this to the script editor then middle mouse button drag to your shelf.

string $sel[];
int $temp[];
int $value;

$sel = `ls -sl -dag -ap -typ surfaceShape`;

for ($obj in $sel){
$temp = `displaySurface -q -xRay $obj`;
$value = $temp[0];
if ($value == 1)
displaySurface -xRay 0 $obj;
else
displaySurface -xRay 1 $obj;
}

# 3 15-07-2006 , 10:55 AM
nope, not working, it gives me a sintax error

# 4 15-07-2006 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
i made a post on how to make add the x-ray onto your shelf.
click me

cheers

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 15-07-2006 , 07:25 PM
Thanks man but doesn't work either, now it doesn't give me any errors but nothing's happening. I'm going crazy!

# 6 16-07-2006 , 02:29 AM
Subscriber
go to the download section of this website and download the x-ray script from danny. Then open that .mel script with notepad or something and copy the code. Go into maya and open your script editor. In the bottom window of the script editor paste the code you copied from the .mel scrpit. Highlight the script you just pasted in the bottom window of the script editor. Move your mouse over the highlighted script, middle mouse button click and hold over the script, drag the script to the shelf and let go of the middle mouse button. You should now have a button that says MEL this is your x-ray button. You can change the icon and name to match kurts, or make it what ever you want after that.

Good luck

# 7 16-07-2006 , 11:48 AM
:headbang: Not working, i did exactly what you wrote and nothing, i don't know what to do, I quit, thanks for everything guys, I appreciate.

# 8 17-07-2006 , 10:25 AM
I remember there was a script which you can add to your toolbar user added image you can even toggle off and on for each object.