Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-05-2008 , 11:59 AM

fixing MoCap Animation

quick explanation of my scene:

-maya2008
-imported motion capture skeleton
-duplicated 1st skeleton and used it as a rigg with control Objects

I parentConstrained the controlObjects (with IK down the hierarchy) from the rigg to the keyJoints like hands, feet root joints from the mocap skel. there are some expressions too for orig_spine_n driving dupe_spine_n that´s for the original imported motion data driving my rigg which works percectly so far.

problem:

right now I am trying to figure out how to create translation/rotation offsets within the control objects for some corrections in movement. since all the CTRL-objects have inputConnections in translation and rotation I can´t just key these channels without losing all the keyframe animation input from the initial skeleton. is there some procedure to put on top of the constrain-inputs?

I´m very new to animation here. open for any suggestions.

kind regards
falott

____edit_________

just found an article answered by vladimirjp
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...rame+constrain

I tried this procedure last week allready, but I can´t group the CTRLs to themself and constrain just the group because this way all the rotation values get lost since ->

jointRotx_orig drives shapeRotx_CTRL drives jointRotx_Rigg

if a buffer group is added between orig_ and CTRL_ the flow of input information would stop right there because the child of of a parent doesn´t get any values unless you key it, well...

hope all this isn´t too confusingly presented by me.

thanks!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 13-05-2008 at 12:19 PM.