Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-04-2008 , 04:50 AM

Slow, choppy playback

HI,

I'm having some problems with my timeline playback. It was all working fine, playing back at real-time (25fps) until yesterday, when my PC decided to crash. Since then the playback has been really slow and choppy.The animation in earlier scenes of the same project without lighting set-ups etc works fine still but the later ones don't. I thought it might have something to do with the lights but I've tried deleting them and the playback is still bad. Has anyone come across this problem before?

# 2 25-04-2008 , 01:40 PM
if your computer doesn't play back real-time in the timeline, i recommend doing playblasts... they don't take much time to create and you can watch them over and over again in something like windows media player.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 06-05-2008 , 01:25 AM
Thanks, I'll try it. Would be nice to be able to scrub through the timeline and play the scene properly so that I can spot changes I want to make more easily though.

# 4 07-05-2008 , 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Your prefs or your Maya installation got messed up maybe? :s

- Genny
# 5 07-05-2008 , 12:17 PM
heh i've never been able to just scrub through a timeline... but then again i've never had a computer that was considered 'state of the art'

...or even new lol

Accept no substitutions.

Last edited by NeoStrider; 07-05-2008 at 12:21 PM.