Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-09-2008 , 03:34 PM

anyone know hair?

So I'm just trying to figure out Maya's hair systems. What I'm trying should be easy, but I can't get it right.

I need to create a steel cable that snaps at it's base and flops around. Pretty easy to get it close to working, but a few issues. My cable was acting all stretchy. I tried increasing the stiffness, but that seems to affect the amount it bends, but it still streches like a bungie chord. My length flex is set to 0.

The obvious thing to do seems to turn on no stretch, but when I do, the hair no longer stays locked (constrained) at the tip. I tried using the Point Lock settings on the follicle, and creating a stick constraint. It's clearly attached at the tip and keeps trying to get back there, but doesn't stay locked.

Anyone know how to lock the hair ends to a point?

Thanks.