Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-08-2004 , 08:59 AM
tegmo

Sports Car

Hi all,

I would like to share my latest rendering with you. My final ended up changing slightly from the original model, as I changed the style of the rims in order to reflect chrome better.

user added image

user added image

user added image

-Terry aka Tegmo

# 2 25-08-2004 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
good model, good colour scheme dude.

MURPH
# 3 25-08-2004 , 10:53 AM
nice job! I would love to see that dirty.

The spider pictures are great.

I think it might need som more light, but thats all I have. It's great.

Did you model it with NURBS?

I like your crome, could you post the settings on that? I got a little problem with creating shiny metal.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 4 25-08-2004 , 12:57 PM
very nice modeling...
i can see you used a reflection map user added image...looks good !

# 5 25-08-2004 , 01:10 PM
user added image ....nice nice nice nice nice nice nice.... user added image

# 6 25-08-2004 , 03:41 PM
tegmo
Hi all,

Thanks for the compliments. The car was modeled using polys, then converted to sub-ds, mirrored over, then converted back to polys in order to render it in mental ray, using an HDRI image for the reflections and lighting (no light source in scene). I am still figuring mental ray out, that is why the image is a little dark.

The treads on the tires is a displacement map, as for the chrome I wish I could claim it as my own, but I downloaded it from the shaders area of highend3d.

But everything else is mine user added image All textures created in photoshop. I was having trouble with the alpha channels, till I started using the new feature in maya 6, where you can simply import the entire PSD! worked out great.

-Tegmo

# 7 25-08-2004 , 04:50 PM
Good job!! I like the car design! user added image

# 8 21-09-2004 , 10:06 AM
great modelling...... i wish i can do so....

# 9 21-09-2004 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Looks outstanding! The paint job with the reflections looks like real paint on a real car.
Nice job.

# 10 21-09-2004 , 06:39 PM
Awesome Mitsubishi Eclipse model tegmo! user added image I really like it a lot! I wish I had an Eclipse as my car...but then again my car has the same engine as an Eclipse, so it's pretty close! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)