Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-10-2006 , 01:39 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

lamborghini

hi guys
i've made a lamborghini in 3d this is my second car it is actually not as nice as my first car(a bmw) because i spent les time in tweaking the model and more time with the shading.
I've placed the car on the background of an image( and lady's; no i don't know the guy that stands in front of the car so stop asking me if i have his number:p )

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-10-2006 , 01:44 AM
And here is something i did for fun

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 28-10-2006 , 02:47 AM
hmm... the model looks quiet good as far I can see, but the materials looks strange and u have 2 different shadows under ur car!!!

The smooth shadow can't be, if you look at the other cars.

...and the dark clouds also look a bit strange to me, maybe u should go back to the WIP-threat and work this mistakes ot, if u want to...

# 4 29-10-2006 , 06:17 AM
thanks for your comment
I've got 2 shadows because i included the plane that i used for the initial shadow(the soft one) in my renderpass for occlusion:headbang:
and the shitty part is that i saved over this file so i've made a new render and i would like some feedback prefferably about the shading and lighting because i'm practising this.

btw; don't get distracted by the unusual material i made for the background i was just fooling around
:p

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 29-10-2006 , 05:28 PM
The paint material looks pretty good, but the lighting in the render makes the car look like its floating.

Try doing a "studio render" theres quite a few tutorials on the web that can help you out.

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 29-10-2006 , 07:44 PM
Acid44

The paint material looks pretty good, but the lighting in the render makes the car look like its floating.

what he said...

looks like a good model thoughuser added image

# 7 29-10-2006 , 10:23 PM
thanks to the both of you for your comments and i will try this studio rendering

# 8 03-11-2006 , 07:49 AM
nice car mastone. Looking forward to seeing some more renders.user added image