Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-05-2008 , 12:09 AM

skeleton basics 1 (free) won't play on my mac?

I downloaded the skeleton basics 1 because a friend said it was real good but I can't get it to play on my mac. I downloaded the latest divx codec and even have flip for mac installed so I should be able to play wmv. When I try to play it it just opens up as a white screen with real low audio of a guy talking.

I'm using a macbook pro with leopard 10.5.2

any ideas on why its not working?

# 2 09-05-2008 , 12:17 AM
Jr.Who
Doesn't work on mine either. It seems like it's really old, so they might have encoded it differently.

# 3 09-05-2008 , 12:55 AM
Works on my comp, aint a mac though, not too sure how to find a codec that it uses....

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 09-05-2008 , 04:04 AM
Senior Software Developer

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 09-05-2008 , 06:22 AM
Subscriber
FLV player for mac, I downloaded the tut just to test it on my macbook for you and it seems to work fine on my end.
One place to get an FLV for mac I have a different flv, don't remember where I got it but they should all play it fine.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 6 09-05-2008 , 06:42 AM
Sorry drucifer, it is a Windows Media file .wmv, and therefore was not encoded with divx or any other codec.

Apparently the little "warning" blurb about the file being mac friendly at the bottom near the download link WAS correct at the time (2002), but obviously your Flipformac software doesnt support this older version anymore.

The movie itself was created in 2002 (6 years ago), and hopefully going forward we can update some of those older tutorials to include Maya v8+ tools and techniques.

I'm just guessing here as I also work with the Windows OS but, there has GOT to be another mediaplayer that some apple developer made that is freely downloadable for you to try that might support the older Windows Video formats?
Maybe some type of transcoder that can convert it to something else maybe?

Anyhoo, encoding all of the older outdated material is just not an option, plus some of the tools and techniques described in those older videos simply do not exist anymore either.

Again, please accept our appologies, and hopefully going forward we can update some of those older tutorials to include Maya v8+ tools and techniques.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com