# 61 15-07-2004 , 01:13 PM
wow that looks great!!

-- Maya --
Pentium 4, Radeon 9800 Pro,
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT
# 62 13-01-2005 , 06:33 PM
Hi guys,

hope you all had a wonderful new years.

I had taken a break from Maya - too swamped with work, and addicted to Zbrush. https://www.sowl.com/gallery/Characters/character01

I would like to recommend Mike's Book - The Game Artist's Guide to Maya

great read and cool step by step tutorials. I think gamers can now take advantage of Maya's modeling tools and texturing without thinking maya is for movies only and Max is for games.

Still going through the book, Thanks Mate.

Solomon
Soreel GraFX
https://www.sowl.com

Last edited by soreel; 13-01-2005 at 07:32 PM.
# 63 13-01-2005 , 07:10 PM
Soloman! Hey man it's Aaron! We were working on JKDDC together.

Surpised to see you here user added image The Train is looking SWEET!

Good luck with it! You can see what I have been working on in my off time in my sig user added image

D.

# 64 13-01-2005 , 08:27 PM
my points would be:

train is a nice model. Spend more time texturing it up.

The sign animation is absolutley nuts!! tone it down big time!! less is more!

Turn on motion blur!!

The smoke out of a steam train is white (because it's not actually smoke it's steam user added image) and it's much denser than how you have it now. I like the black smoke it's well done (maybe it could move a little slower how about adding a drag field to it?)

The point already made about how long a train like that takes to keep move is very true.

As for your idea about the robots... i have to say I think it's odd. Why would an old steam train in the middle of the countryside be transporting robots? I get the feeling you're doing it because you want to link the two together for the sake of it. If you want to do the robot go for it ( i would highly recommend AGAINST doing a robot but that's up to you). I looked at your website and you have some nice stuff there and i know you have better ideas (from looking at your sketches) than to do a robot!! user added image I really like the sketch of the army guy in the beige fatigues i think that would be a good model for you to do. Admittedly it's much harder than a robot but I think i t would be worth it.

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 65 14-01-2005 , 06:42 AM
Hi Aaron, good to see you here man. Keep up the good work.

Pure_Morning

thanks for the comments - and no, I am not doing the robot idea anymore - I have since abandoned it - this is an old thread of mine that I just dug up.

And the train is also in a yard awaiting some TLC - I will get to it after I solve some MEL problems I encountered.

Thanks anyways.

Solomon
Soreel GraFX
https://www.sowl.com