Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-07-2021 , 04:29 AM

Studio Library not saving upper body joint info

I've just discovered Studio Library, and getting a tool to save, catalogue and re-employ rig poses would be a game changer.

It seems fairly straight forward enough. The bottom joints appear to be working as they are supposed to -- joint move/rotate info saved and then applied to a zero'd character. But the upper body joints... nothing. Almost nothing. They register that they are supposed to carry info, but they don't move any joints whatsoever.

I'm new to rigging, so I don't have a clue as to where to begin troubleshooting or investigating. The character is a DAZ Genesis 8 I fooled around with and then ported to Maya with their DAZ to Maya Bridge plug in. It's almost amazing, too. I only mention it because I don't know if there is anything specific to the way the G8 rig is named or organized that could be contributing to the problem? Or something in the interface of the Daz to Maya bridge?

Anyway, any thoughts about what/where to start investigating would be a big help. Thanks.