Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-03-2003 , 09:13 AM

Mouse Buttons

I will be getting a new mouse here very soon. The mouse I am getting has 8 buttons. Now, i know that Windows asigns actions to the buttons automaticaly.

So, lets say, the thumb button. What I want, is that the thumb button switches from one window to another, (Windows standard) but when in Maya, it serves as the 'Alt' button.

How may i set this up, inside maya, i possible.
Thanks in advance for any help and research.

BTW: The mouse is the new wireless Logitech MX700.
The model found here but wireless.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 24-03-2003 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber
I have the dual optical from Logitech (4 buttons seems more than enough to me)
Maya doesn't recognize the thumb button. Maybe there is a way that I haven't found out though.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 3 24-03-2003 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
yeah, Ultragames, I want to get the same mouse very soon.... tell me how it handles maya and overall

-Emo

# 4 24-03-2003 , 02:40 AM
Emo: Went into Office Depot, and help the mouse for a min. The ergonomics are incredible!! As a right hander, it is the perfect mouse ergonomicaly. That, plus is its new large image sensor, and faster information transfer for gamers, i can't wait!!

Anyone know how we can get Maya to recognize extra buttons?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 24-03-2003 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
yeah I've held the mouse before at office depot and it feels great!!!

about maya, well I dont know if that's gonna be possible...never know though

-Emo

# 6 24-03-2003 , 05:49 AM

Originally posted by Emo
and it feels great!!!

Sounds so wrong, but it is O' so right.

ROFLuser added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 24-03-2003 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
lol o shut up.... i knew it was gonna get quoted the wrong way user added image

-Emo

# 8 24-03-2003 , 08:21 AM
lol. Sorry. I had to do that. I wouldn't expect any less if I posted that. user added image user added image user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 9 24-03-2003 , 10:48 PM

Originally posted by d24e
I have the dual optical from Logitech (4 buttons seems more than enough to me)
Maya doesn't recognize the thumb button. Maybe there is a way that I haven't found out though.

I (think I) have the same mouse. All I had to do was to intall logitech's own mouseware drivers and with those I can configure the thumb button to be whatever I like. Currently I have it as an Enter key...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 10 24-03-2003 , 11:34 PM
Enter key. . . why? user added image

Yeah. I know how to set up the buttons to do things. But I want them to be one thing when just in windows, and another thing when in maya.

Windows: Copy
Maya: Alt

Windows: Scroll Down
Maya: Repeat Last Function (g)

understand?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 11 25-03-2003 , 08:08 AM
Subscriber
Kbrown, I installed those drivers a few windowinstalls ago. Then I was still using 3ds max and it didn't work the way I wanted.
Maybe I'll give it a try later for Maya.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 12 25-03-2003 , 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Ultragames
Enter key. . . why? user added image

Well, it's just my preference. Quite many tools in maya needs pressing enter to complete the command. The enter key is too far to the right on the keyboard; My left hand is mostly on the left side of the keyboard and I'm too lazy to move it to the other side just to press enter :p

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 13 25-03-2003 , 12:34 PM
Subscriber
ooh i want that mouse here i am like a sucker using both hands on the keyboard user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 14 25-03-2003 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mumbojumbo_13
ooh i want that mouse here i am like a sucker using both hands on the keyboard user added image

oh cool i wish i could model only using the command prompt :p

# 15 25-03-2003 , 09:49 PM
haha.

Hey, there is a program out there called POV Ray (i think) that uses only its own coding language to model. The only visuals you have, are the final render. user added image user added image user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!