Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-10-2003 , 09:25 PM

How do you make more than one character?

Should I make a seperate scene for each character, and then bring them all together later in a new scene?

Thanks

# 2 12-10-2003 , 09:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
You can, yeah.

# 3 13-10-2003 , 08:14 PM
What other ways would I do it?

# 4 14-10-2003 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
Import characters into the scene with a character you already made. Or make them all in one. Or make them seperately. Covers most bases.

# 5 14-10-2003 , 12:48 PM
You could Hide your character and make a new in the same scene.

But I would probably make it in a new scene, and bring them together in an all together new scene if they should be animated in the same scene.

# 6 14-10-2003 , 12:50 PM
or you could have each character in a separate file and then reference them rather than importing them. If you reference them then any changes you make to the original file will be reflected throughout any scenes that contain that file. Very useful believe me espcially if you have more than one scene. Imagine you have 5 scenes and you remodel a little piece of your character(s) you would have to re-import them all if you use the import method. But with referencing you dont need to do that it will be done for you user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 14-10-2003 , 11:15 PM
I prefer just importing characters to using the reference option for anything that will go through a lot of animation. I prefer to restrict referencing to backgrounds and props.