Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-10-2005 , 09:21 PM

Channel Box

My Cartoon dog is coming along nicely user added image. But one feature is getting annoying.

The Channel Box. Everytime i open hypershade and right click on lambert, the Channel Box increases in size, reducing my work surface. Then when im done with Hypershade, the Channel Box doesnt go back to showing the measurements of my object. I keep having to close it down, then goto Display > UI Elements > Channel Box. It gets annoying after a few times, i was wondering if theres a shortcut, and can change the Channel Box on the fly, to its orginal settings?

# 2 02-10-2005 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber
u can go to "windows>prefs>interface and put the radio button where it says "open attr editor in seperate window"

otherwise thisi is how maya is. u just need a bigger moitor.user added image

# 3 02-10-2005 , 12:48 AM
Yeah, that is actually the Attribute editor replacing the Channel box. If you look directly above the box on the right side there are three little buttons, the one on the far right toggles the Channel box. You probably just want to change the option to make it open in a new window like vladimirjp said, but a helpful tip is that you can also toggle it with control+a. So if the attribute editor opens in place of the channel box, you can just hit that and it will go away again.

# 4 02-10-2005 , 01:04 AM
Alright i see, i never noticed the 3 buttons. Thanks for the help.