Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-02-2004 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber

How do I render an animation sequence to its own folder

I tried rendering my first animation sequence last night. Only to have it show up in the main Maya Projects folder where the other project folders were.

How do I set it up so that the entire sequence has its own folder. I want to be able to do this for each sequence I render.

Also in another tutorial for Playblast it recommended changing the background to green for greenscreening it so that you can check it in a compositing program. What directory does Playblast sequence render to?

# 2 08-02-2004 , 04:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
When you start a scene:

File > Projects > New

Name your project at the top. Browse to where you want the project directory to be. At the bottom, click Use Defaults. Click ok.

If you work on multiple projects, every time you switch from one project to another, make sure you:

File > Project > Set

Browse to the project directory you want to use.

# 3 08-02-2004 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
I've done that. Why did it not go into its own folder? Is it supposed to go into the "Renderscenes" folder?

(Super fast response by the way, I just posted minutes ago) user added image

# 4 08-02-2004 , 05:05 PM
The Maya Mountain
Rendered images should end up in the Images folder. Before rendering, check the Render Globals. At the top, it tells you where the images are going to go. If they're not going into your project directory, you need to set the project.

# 5 08-02-2004 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
You're right, I don't think I set it properly.

But, if I want to render a new sequence shouldn't it get its own folder? Is a folder auto-created if I do render more then one sequence for a project?

It seems like it would get messy if I didn't have a folder for each sequence. My newbie-ness shows, I know.

Thanks again, Mike. You're always a great help. user added image

# 6 08-02-2004 , 08:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
after rendering a sequance, feel free to make a folder in the Images folder for each sequance.