Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-10-2005 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber

Chrome Textures

Hey all, I'm fairly new to Maya (only been at it a few weeks) and I'm creating a model that requires a chrome texture. Problem is, I'm quite sure how to make one. I've played around with specularity, reflection, reflected color and all that jazz, but I just cant seem to emulate it just right. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

# 2 21-10-2005 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
Hi,
I dont really know of any tuts around on this, but it can be quite simply done with a bit of messing around.
Basically, you would be best of to use Mental Ray as your render.
Once you have done that, add HDR image.
This will cause some real world reflection on your surface. Change your material colour to a whitey grey colour, and play with your speculairy and stuff.
Hope this helps.
You can get some HDR images here if you dont have any.
https://www.debevec.org/Probes/
Here you can see some nice chrome texutre where the ball sits. All because of the reflections of the surrounding objects.
https://splutterfish.com/sf/gallery_v...&action=images

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.

Last edited by antiant; 21-10-2005 at 01:02 AM.
# 3 21-10-2005 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out soon enough.