Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-01-2006 , 03:41 PM

Duel screen

Dudes i just set my pc up with 2 screens a 17" n a 15" on windows n it kicks ass. Its so much easier to model + i can watch the vids i dwload n do the same stuff at the same time, its sweet.

Any of you guys use duel screens? Its so much easier to do everything i would recommend it eve if one of yer monitors is a crappy 15" like mine. Willl save u a lot of time.

I wos also wondering what kinda setups u all got for maya etc cos its demading.
Im running a AMD 64, 3000+, 256 X850XT, 1 gb of crucial ballistix, a 80gbsata2, on a epox 9NPA mobo.
Its runs games sweet e.g. bf2 full everything, but i wos wondering what you all used cos polys own even my system when i have a lot of em.

Cheers.

# 2 05-01-2006 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
nice screen setup
damm i want that setup. do u need ne more software to split it so maya is on one screen and the vid is on another?

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 05-01-2006 , 10:17 PM

nope

nope, my g-card has 2 inputs in the back so i can plug 2 screens into it, another option if u dont have a g-card with 2 inputs is get a SLI or crossfire card and you could do it.
Then all you do when both monitors plugged in is go onto desktop poperties and settings the on yer display you should have 2 screens when u cick the expand arrow. Go onto yer secondary screen and select the tick box for
Extend my desktop onto this monitor
and then yer other monitor should spring to life.
May do it with laptops so yer laptop screen functions as a secondary monitor.
Anyway good luck.

JOsh

# 4 06-01-2006 , 08:51 PM
I have dual screens. A 19" main and a 17" secondary. Had it for about a year or two.

Nice setup as far as power goes but your best bet when working with maya is have everything that doesnt NEED to run off.. including your second monitor(unless you need it active to follow a tutorial or something).

My videocard also accepts S Video so i have a S video cable going to my tv.. if needed my tv can act as a monitor aswell... Equalling either a 50" monitor if im at my parents or a 32" one if im at my apartment. Imagine playing BF2 off your comp on a 50"tvuser added image

# 5 06-01-2006 , 09:30 PM

wow

Damn that would be sweet, would be like plaing in a proper film

# 6 06-01-2006 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
thank you man thank you so much .. i never got the idea of having two screens but for a half year i got two flatscreens and thought the one of them is useles but now ..... i am such an idiot user added image

# 7 06-01-2006 , 09:39 PM

lol

lol hehe you'll love it i promise,
the thing that suprised me most wos when i play games etc on one screen and put task manager in the other screen it makes no performance difference its amazing, + i can see how much bf2 is hurting my pc :bandit: