Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-11-2002 , 06:03 PM

Text On A Trophy Plate

I need help! user added image Okay, I've built some trophies for a scene in my movie and I need to create the plates that go on the front of the trophies that tell you what they were from and who won what. I know they're a type of embossing but I haven't found anything anywhere in Maya that says "Emboss". How do I give the plate the impression that it has a text, well, impression? Any help is greatly appreciated! user added image

user added image

- Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 16-11-2002 , 08:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
could use bump maps or displacement maps.

# 3 17-11-2002 , 06:56 AM
That's a funny thing, that is. The consensus of people I've spoken with says that a bump map would be a good idea. If I have probelms getting it set up, I'll call on you again. user added image Thanks, big guy! user added image

- Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 4 17-11-2002 , 08:34 AM
Another way would be to project your text curves on your trophy surface, and then use Bevel Plus to extrude, and create your text.

Just an idea off the top of my noggin....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 18-11-2002 , 04:40 AM
Subscriber

originally posted by ragecgi
Another way would be to project your text curves on your trophy surface, and then use Bevel Plus to extrude, and create your text.

that is how I would do it only if you needed a real close up but it does make a good look.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com