Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-07-2010 , 04:27 PM

Tirs in Maya

If you allow Maya to fix non planer faces and Maya creates triangles, will that cause problems when I begin to Unwrap and texture. I understand that when you import your models into certain engines that the engines change all the polys to tris and the textures remain the same.

# 2 03-07-2010 , 04:24 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
have you checked into uv mapping tutorials its easier to unwrap and texture a quad model than a tri model

# 3 04-07-2010 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
it wont cause problems. it's easier to uv map stuff when in quads though because you can see the topology of the model easier so it's easier to decide where a seam is better suited

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D