Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-08-2010 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber

Alpha channels

Hey Guys!

In photoshop i made a picture with alpha channel. The same way as sm - ferrari tutorial. I attached the node & it always give this msg>

TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, E:/Maya/Tervezés/Fiat Uno Turbo/Textures/Momo_Corse_Middle2.tif: unknown field with tag 37724 (0x935c) encountered.

I dont know why. I tried with jpg or bmp, but the alpha channel is not working. The background always white.

What do you use when you need alpha channel? or what did i do wrong?

joe

# 2 26-08-2010 , 01:19 PM
Export it like .TGA ( Targa file )user added image

# 3 26-08-2010 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
thx, i ll try as soon as i calm dowm

i was able to crash maya verrrrry good. i had to restart the Pc... pfff
Mi_car_paint had some serious problem. I dont know what the shit is going on my Pc but no good 4 sure

Mi paint sometimes changes from green to white color, alpha channel does not work. With layered shader absolutely not user added image

# 4 27-08-2010 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
Thanks mate!
Its working as i need user added image

# 5 27-08-2010 , 04:00 PM
Lifetime Member
jpeg is an 8 bit format and can't hold an alpha channel, you have to choose a 32 bit format like Tiff or Targa to include transparency.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner