Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-04-2004 , 06:29 PM

connection editor for polygons?

Hey, I have two cylinders that I did a boolean op on and then deleted some faces and did some fill holes on. I went back and edited the original cylinders, which is no problem with the boolean op. But I now want to delete different faces and fill different holes after editing the original cylinders. Is there a way to delete the connections between the DeleteComponents and the original cylinders (something like the hypershade?). I looked at the hypergraph, but I did not see a way to do this in there.

Thanks.

# 2 03-04-2004 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
delete history might do it

# 3 03-04-2004 , 07:41 PM

Originally posted by vladimirjp
delete history might do it

No, I don't think that is what I want. I just want to delete the connections between the nodes that transform the original cylinders into the final polygon shape.

Basically the same deal as how you connect shaders together in the hypershade, but for polygons. I would think they would include this in the hypergraph, but I can't see where.

Thanks.

# 4 03-04-2004 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
u can't. because it's the original polygon that enables the final shape the be created. without original there is no info for the final poly shape to look for. so the final poly shape would not exist without original. u just have to delete the history to remove connection

# 5 03-04-2004 , 08:16 PM
I understand what your saying, but I don't want to delete the history of how the final poly was made. That just leaves me with the final poly without any way of editing the original poly.

What I want is to take certain transformations off of the final poly to regress toward the original poly.

EX: say I have two cylinders, I do a boolean, then I delete a few faces and add a few new ones.
Then I go back to the original cylinders and increase there subdivisions (but this messes up the look I wanted because of the deleted and added faces). So I want to "take off" some of the tabs in the attribute editor which transform the original poly into the final poly.
Then I can redelete and readd faces to get the look I want.

Hope this makes sense.

# 6 03-04-2004 , 09:10 PM
Ok, I figured it out user added image
In the hypergraph editor I select the object I want to edit (in the scene hierarchy). In my case it was the final poly that I had. Then I select Graph->Input and Output Connections from the menu. Then I select the nodes that I want to delete and voila!