Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-09-2008 , 12:13 AM

Second Model

This is my second model ever created. Unlike my last(Human Form) which took 4 days, I was able to finish this in 3-4 hours. Really only had to listen to the tutorial 90 percent of time and was able to follow along that way, would've been done quicker, but I completely screwed up the back feet, and my wires got way to sloppy way to fast, so most of the time was actually reworking the mesh. Could use a little work, but Im going to leave it like this and start another, now that I have the basics. Crits welcome ofcourse

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-09-2008 , 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Well I'm sure you can see where it looks strange or differs from the image in the tutorial so I don't think I need to say that. I will say this though, keep doing it til you really get it and end up slapping yourself in the head and saying "Duh!" Keep at it.user added image

- Genny
# 3 01-09-2008 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
haha, you finished this tutorial unlike me :p

good work dude

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 05-09-2008 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber
some people stop doing this at the stage where they have to combine the leg to the body and get stuck, though youved done it and it looks good for a second model

# 5 11-09-2008 , 07:39 PM
Hehe, I still remember myself doing this one: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...hlight=cartoon

It's my favorite tut...
I might redo it now that I know much more about Maya then I did then...

Yours is looking a bit misshaped in some places, mainly the legs. see what you can do about it...
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)