Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-10-2003 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber

Got the Parts, But...

I finally got all the parts for the workstation that I am building, last week. Though right now am having trouble with the dang thing. I put all the parts together, have even taking everything out and put them all back in to make sure that they are installed properly.
However, the thing still won't POST anything. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do or what I haven't done yet to fix this problem. I can't get to the good stuff until this stupid roadblock is lifted.,

# 2 14-10-2003 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
Try installing nothing but the smallest amount of mem that it will run with and see if it will post. If not run the bios default settings and try again. If it does post, then add the video card only. then add one item at a time. until it fails.
there is a lot of other things you could do but without more info I would not know what to suggest.

When you do get it running try installing the os with just mem and video card. once you are loaded up install everything else and then do your ms updates. do not install major software packages untill all of that is done as you will get the most out of the original install if everything is finished with the machine itself....

Sorry I haven't been around lately guys. I miss this group but I am alwasy on the run lately. Things will slow down in the spring though....Chris

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 3 14-10-2003 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
Thanx, for the suggestions. I did tho, already try the least amount of memory thing. However, I think I may have found out what the problem may be. I think it is the memory, don't think it is certified. Tho the only way to test that is to get a different chip, but can't do that till tomorrow. Dang business hours. Oh well, hopefully this is it, and I can finally get this beast up and running. Otherwise I have no idea what is the problem.