Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 15-08-2004 , 09:55 PM
user title spammer
i uninstalled doom3 after just 3 days ...

the horror-feeling is working, but horror is not fun ... the whole game is just boring, i played in medium and hard and never got killed (just fell down somewhere once ...).

it is just like: go into a room, trigger monsters (not scary cause after a while you really know where and when they are) kill them search room next room ... stupid

far cry was way better ... i loved the jungle fights ... all that outdoor feeling ...

graphics of doom3 are cool, shadow and light effects are well done, but this whole mars-station looks the same everywhere ... and shooting with a bullet/gun system in year 2700 ? (was ist 2700 ?...) ...

# 17 15-08-2004 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
Yea the whole story line was kind of lame, if at least the main character was to go after the Doctor with the sole cube then that it would have made since, the whole story line could have been a lot better, plus a few animation sequences showed some miss placed vertexes on the main characters nose that looked funky, that there showed me that a lot of time wasn’t spent on flaws in the game. The game it self was awesome but, game play lacked any thing new or good hard core. If the main guy was to have the wipe monster dude’s coding the game would have been a whole lot better, at least he could kick and punch. The way I see it now, if Duke Nuckem comes out, I think ill wait till a review comes or play the demo be for I buy it. I know Half-life is going to kick ass plus their going to ship it with an up graded version of Counter Strike. That will be worth the money. user added image

Last edited by R-Tillery; 16-08-2004 at 12:00 AM.
# 18 06-02-2005 , 07:26 PM
*bump*

i was uninstalling things and deleting stuff to recover some space and wen trough some Doom3 screenshots before deleting them....(they were using 1.6Gb!)

One of the scariest screenshots of any game, ever!... its just wrong... at so many levels...

Attached Thumbnails