Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-02-2005 , 04:00 PM

Building effect

I'm fairly new to Maya, about 4 months now, and we got a job in calling for some 3D animation. The client wants the scene to go as follows.

Start off with a shot of blueprints.
The buildings then animate on to look like they are being built on.

I got the modeling done easily, and the texturing was no problem. I did a test render and added a building effect in After Effects that looked fairly good using various masking techniques, however this was done on a still image. The masking becomes much more complex when the still is replaced with a movie containing camera movements.

I was wondering if there was any way to do this effect in Maya, I'm sure there is and I just don't know about it.

Thanks

# 2 03-02-2005 , 04:31 PM
Lifetime Member
The visability of geometry is keyable, although that might be a long time consumimg way to go about it.
Maybe an expression to make the geo visable at set intervals/frame might be a way .