Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-01-2007 , 02:30 PM

how to increase my maya'a modeling?

at present ,modeling is very poor ,how can i improve ?

Art is no words!
# 2 22-01-2007 , 02:38 PM
Senior Software Developer
Well,

The only advice I can give is to practice. Do as many tutorials as you can and keep trying to improve. There are some good free tutorials on this site and some superb pay ones.

Just get stuck in and play with it. Do the Maya Tutorials in the Help Files (F1) first, this will help you with learning the UI and basic tools more proficiently

And Enjoy it. If you find it a chore then your not doing it right user added image

I recommend the following sites...

https://www.simplymaya.com
https://www.learning-maya.com
https://www.highend3d.com

There are tones more, but these are my top 4.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

Last edited by R@nSiD; 22-01-2007 at 02:41 PM.
# 3 23-01-2007 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
The way to improve is to practice, practice and more practice and also more mistakes you make mean your going to improve the next time if you get what i mean.

ey ransid, whats the 3rd side? the third site seems to be all hashes lol :p

# 4 23-01-2007 , 04:24 AM
Senior Software Developer
yeah i know its the link to digital tutors, but whenever i put it in the site automatically marks it *******. I suppose with the site change pending, DT is a direct threat.

Not a problem really, I feel this site will offer more as it will support more packages. with Max, Lightwave, Maya, Rhino, RealFlow etc... coming on board.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 23-01-2007 , 04:39 AM
Subscriber
ehh? user added image dt a threat... wow. i agree with you, this site offers way more than they could possibly have. simply maya's the way too go.

# 6 26-01-2007 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
Hi Imner

yeah, you have to practice, practice, practice.
Follow some tutorials and in the meantime, you can start your own projects and test your skills you learned from the tutorials.

3D is a area you never stop learning. user added image

Have fun with it and don't mind doing a tutorial twice, to increase your skills.

Galadiel

# 7 31-01-2007 , 06:24 AM
I agree with the others. It's well worth going through all the free tutorials on this site. I suggest starting with some of the more basic ones, and then doing those like the cartoon dog and so on. Have a look around the forum too at others' problems, you can learn an immense amount from the various suggestions, as there are lots of incredibly talented and helpful people here.

# 8 08-02-2007 , 10:09 AM
19 year Veteran
I hate to say this this but I never learned Maya from this site. I bought a few maya books from stores, and did countless google searches from which I found ALOT of really good stuff. I also started with Mike Mckinley's maya site, which has alot of great stuff. linkage

I also agree that in the end, It comes down to many hours/days of practice.

# 9 12-02-2007 , 01:45 AM
I'm sort of a beginner too. Just Keep practicing.

Rodney Yo, Teenager Enthusiast
# 10 12-02-2007 , 03:42 AM

thank you

thank you everyone's replies

I can do it...thank youuser added image

Art is no words!