Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-02-2011 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber

Time lapse lighting

I'm currently doing a time lapse project for my university course. It's basically just a simple sunrise to sunset time lapse of an interior of a temple with light beams, volume fog etc. I was just wondering what would be the best way to do it? I've had a search of the internet and everything seems to pointing towards adding the time lapse in post. I've never done anything like this before so I was hoping someone could tell me where would be best to start? Would animating lights with intensity maps to simulate light beams work?

Thanks.

# 2 21-02-2011 , 05:13 PM
The Nurb Herd
is it just over one day?
i guess you could animate the light (your sun) moving through the day. over maybe 1000 frames. then render on 2s or 4s. (type 1-1000x2 or 1-1000x4 in the frame list in your render settings) this will render every second or fourth frame. you could change this to get the look you want. i guess over 24hrs you would take a photo every 30 mins maybe, so work out how many frames you need for that.

after that in nuke set the read node to "nearest frame".

# 3 02-03-2011 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Sorry about the rediculously delayed reply. Thanks for the help it worked really well =]

# 4 02-03-2011 , 09:34 PM
The Nurb Herd
cool, glad i could help... but, no link to see the final result? user added image

# 5 03-03-2011 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
It's not completely finished yet. I'll post it up when it's ready =] Thanks again for the help