Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 21-04-2003 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber
You can combine mutilple renders into one final render, like jb did above. Also, you can give off a few render shots and views.. thats fine user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 77 21-04-2003 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
Oh, and btw.. looking great JB!! Man, that model is awesome.. just i think it needs some fine tuning and also... why dont you do a poly soften? (Edit Polygons>Normals>soft/hard>Option box> all soft>enter) user added image.. it will smooth out those hard poly edges without moving a single vert user added image.

# 78 21-04-2003 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber

and

ok 2 more hours of work for a total of 5 hourse and 54 minets.

I have made inprovments to the body a lot.
but was finishing up the face and wanted to see what was thought. I will look a lot better with hair of corse. and theres a little more detail needed around the eyes and nose.
but I think its got the shape I was trying to convay in the pic's.
Child like. inocence and a bit sad.

and I think I got the big manga eyes to look right.

C+C welcom.
and no havne't tweeked the uper body yet.

# 79 21-04-2003 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber

and

# 80 21-04-2003 , 03:13 AM
Subscriber
Hey pony, not too shabby! Looking good! Ears need work, but general head is great (make sure you make the inner parts of the ear user added image.)

# 81 21-04-2003 , 04:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by M
Oh, and btw.. looking great JB!! Man, that model is awesome.. just i think it needs some fine tuning and also... why dont you do a poly soften? (Edit Polygons>Normals>soft/hard>Option box> all soft>enter) user added image.. it will smooth out those hard poly edges without moving a single vert user added image.

Thanx for the compliments M. I know about the poly smooth user added image - I just work in low-poly to begin with because there aren't as many verts you have to worry about. I smooth it every now and then to see what it looks like then I undo it. I also only work on 1 half - the other half is just an instanced copy user added image .

Anyway, the fine-tuning is coming along quite well i feel. I've added the apperance of some neck tendons and some skin folds - there is still quite a bit more to come. Here's an update (smoothed).

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 82 21-04-2003 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
whoops... the top image in that pic is from the wrong side - the side with no eyelid!!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 83 21-04-2003 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
lookin good jb! Just i didnt mean poly smooth.. i meant soft the polys. So... (Edit Polygons>Normals>soft/hard>Option box> all soft>enter) user added image, hope that helps, just try it ou user added image.

# 84 21-04-2003 , 04:36 AM
Subscriber
Oh right - softening the normals... I must have misread it. I have tried that but it does not have the same quality to it.

# 85 21-04-2003 , 05:10 AM
Subscriber
Its just so it looks nice in low poly mode. And if you were going to keep it low poly, its essential. Looking good JB. Is his mouth gonna open? I think he would look alot younger/smaller if his eye were much larger. Don't know if its too late for that tho....

Pony awesome man you're sooo fast.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 86 21-04-2003 , 07:00 AM
Subscriber

and..

59 minet. 6:53 total.

yes still need to work on the ears and hands.

still not happy with the back of the head. the sholders, arms. and breast.

getting close to time for the hair. still havent desided..

C+C as usual !

I'm still trying to make sure I have that kid look so any idea on that .. I'm all ears..

hair on her will help the looks..

# 87 21-04-2003 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by Pony; 21-04-2003 at 07:15 AM.
# 88 21-04-2003 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber

...:p

# 89 21-04-2003 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber

# 90 21-04-2003 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Vectorman
Its just so it looks nice in low poly mode. And if you were going to keep it low poly, its essential. Looking good JB. Is his mouth gonna open? I think he would look alot younger/smaller if his eye were much larger. Don't know if its too late for that tho....

The reason I'm not smoothing in low poly (I actually set it to 0 degrees smoothing) is so that I can easily see the seperate faces without having the wireframe shown. I don't think I'll make his mouth open (hehehe cheating user added image ). But I may still make the eyes bigger as you suggested (thanx user added image ).

Pony, that's AWESOME work for the amount of time you've spent!!!