SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Your Work / Finished Work / Maya 2008 & Mental Ray Portal Light study.

Finished Work Completed artwork goes in this section.

Join the conversation. Reply to post
Page 2 of 2 1 2

07-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #16
fidhaakbar

good work
hai.. i saw ur work... i think ur an expert in MR.. I got Two doubt..

1) whenever I am putting MR Physical Sky and Sun..My image gets faded... means if i put a black car, it becomes grey car. i tried correcting the gamma correction, but the sky also started to change its color.. is there any solution for my problem...

2) i am trying to illuminate interior of a room with Physical sky and sun.. i kept an area light in the window and connected portal light shader to it and activated Final gather... i am not getting a good result... when i checked secondary bounce some light came.. but then also its not a good result... please help me....
07-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #17
Gen
Super Moderator

Re: good work
Quote:
Originally posted by fidhaakbar

2) i am trying to illuminate interior of a room with Physical sky and sun.. i kept an area light in the window and connected portal light shader to it and activated Final gather... i am not getting a good result... when i checked secondary bounce some light came.. but then also its not a good result... please help me....
You could try increasing the GI/FG scale in the render settings. The effect of that stuff is dependent on the size of your scene.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::
Page 2 of 2 1 2