Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 27-07-2009 , 07:11 AM
# 32 27-07-2009 , 07:13 AM
delete this post mod sorry duplicate ...

# 33 27-07-2009 , 08:15 AM
sweet site, thanks alot ColdWave

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 34 06-08-2009 , 06:21 PM
Hey everyone. So I’m kind of done with finishing this short animation that I’m doing. I've done a playblast so that u can see it before render.

Since this is my first ever short animation, i just hope its alright.

Here is a short brief of my animation

" i wanted to keep my characters in a world of a one eye creatures"

“There are 2 characters one green and one yellow with armor"

“The green is call Boogy and the Yellow is called Gingo"

- so the story start off with a Boogy petting his animal "

then Gingo wakes up, and he's really hungry.

- Gingo then see's boogy's animal and he wants to eat it.

- Gingo then goes up to Boogy and tells him i want to eat ur animal, then Boogy says "no please dont eat him".

-Gingo hits Boogy to get his animal, BUT suddenly a weird sound occurred, Gingo then turns his head around and Shouts.

- he then charges to that area with Boogy and his pet.

- When they have reached they start to talk to each other saying "WHAT in the world is this" ( in their monster language which will have subtitle under final render animation ).

- they then start hitting the tank to check wat it is, Gingo then goes in the tank and Boogy start jumping happily on top of the tank.

- Gingo then finds a shinny thing in the tank and which will be a button written FIRE on it, in his head he thinks FIRE = camp fire.. So he sums up that, camp fire + Boogy's animal is equal to a delicious meal...

- Then just before he presses the button, Boogy coincidently is looking thru the Tank’s turret Hole

- Gingo Presses the button and BOOOOM!!!!!

- boogy takes a hard hit in the face

- Gingo then rushes out of the tank and goes to see wat happened, and he finds out that there is no fire and no meal only Boogy on the floor.

-Gingo then Laughs at Boogy.

- Gingo then takes the opportunity to taking Boogy's pet for a nice Feast

- The final scene will be after the credits and it will be showing that Boogy is still alive and crying because Gingo is eating his pet.

THE END..

Well I was just doing this short for learning purposes and I have learned a lot, and I thank you guyz for ur help as well. Just remember its my first. user added image

so anyways ive Uploaded it in Youtube for u guyz 2 see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMFB6RcB0XQ

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward

Last edited by Lion`I; 06-08-2009 at 08:21 PM.
# 35 13-08-2009 , 04:39 PM
Oh dear.... I was rather fond of that chicken cyclops thingy. Good job on all the models though.

# 36 13-08-2009 , 06:52 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
LOL

That was cool.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 37 14-08-2009 , 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Ha, sweet. Now I want to see it rendered. I'm sure you already know this but the characters need some secondary animation and there was some volume loss, like when the ogre got whacked on the head while he was sitting. Still cool though, keep at it. user added image

- Genny
# 38 14-08-2009 , 05:11 AM
Thank you all for ur comments

Darkover: it’s nice to know that your fond of my character

Mayaniac: wait for the final render it will be cooler user added image

GecT: yeah your right about the secondary action, i will be fixing all of them very soon. ive already rendered and composited it. and i wasn’t so happy with it cuz like u said secondary action, but im in the process of fixing it. and since im in the process of learning, i will show you my Unfixed animation. it better to comment on that then the play blast lol..

i will post the URL once the upload is finish

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 39 14-08-2009 , 06:12 AM

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 40 14-08-2009 , 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
That was cool. Sucks for that chicken thingy lol. I liked the fact that it had direction and not just bumbling through the story.

I am keeping in mind that its a learning exercise and its your first.

Visuals : The models could use some refining, I see a lot of sharp edges. A lot of the textures seem to be too low res and in some cases off scale (very obvious on the hut and ground). There was some interpenetration, like when the ogre was petting the chicken thing and when he got smacked on the head and I think I saw a tree branch inside the cannon. The lighting could be improved, I see a lot of really dark areas, maybe try adding some more lights to fake some bounce light.

Sound: At a few points, it seemed like the voice talent was a bit too close to the mic. Also some nice ambient sounds would be awesome.

- Genny
# 41 15-08-2009 , 03:33 AM
Those are really good points you’ve drop for me Genny, and its good 2 know that my story had direction

I’ll be taking care of all the points you’ve laid out for me ASAP, and about the sound lol funny story behind it , this was just temporary cuz my voice talent had an exams so sadly I had to just drop some bad voice recordings. alright then back to fixing my animation

Thanks so much for your help

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward