Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-12-2004 , 12:20 PM

Attaching Surfaces

Hi, people

I wanted to ask a bit about attaching surfaces. I got to kinds of issues while attaching. First, attaching to surfaces wich share only one segment of a CV/Isoparm

user added image

and then attaching two equal long surfaces, that somehow generate extremely uneven isoparms, although I had rebuilt and matched the surfaces (in the image you don't see now matching isoparms)

user added image

In this last Graph the idea is to create a smooth transition between both surfaces, without perturbing the rest of the surface. I get the smooth transition by blending with a small radius, but the isoparms in one of the surfaces get allways so disturbed... no idea what to do.

thanx

Last edited by quaipau; 01-12-2004 at 12:25 PM.
# 2 03-12-2004 , 02:06 AM
Technical Director
Rebuild the surfaces using these settings:

Attached Images

Imagination is more important than knowledge.