Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-12-2007 , 12:27 AM

HELP! PLS !

Hey !! Im new with Maya . and i seem to be doing well i think lol. but i was watching some tutorials and i see that when ppl
model a character they have pictures in the bakc as a reference of like 2 or 3 difrent angles. well anyways i was wondering how to get them pictures there. i just cant seem to figure it out ! user added image If anyone could help me out i would like that ! Tnx

PHIL

# 2 05-12-2007 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
You need to insert an image plane... its quite simple and only takes a few clicks.

-First make sure your reference images are all to scale.

-Then in the corresponding view (so side image go to the right view) go to View > Image Plane > Import Image

-Then move the image plane so they are all level and then push them out so they arn't in the way in your perspective view.

-If you want them completely removed from the perspective view select the image plane and then under the image plane attributes change the Display to Looking Through Camera.

Hope that helps!

T

# 3 05-12-2007 , 01:16 AM

WOw Tnx!

Tnx Alot ! i got it now user added image lol after hours of wanting to beet up my computer i finaly got it TANKYOU SO MUCH !!!!!

# 4 05-12-2007 , 01:50 AM
Subscriber
Haha no problem i had the same problem lots of tutorials saying to do it but not saying how to do it.

# 5 05-12-2007 , 04:12 AM
Lol i know. And i found one that shows how to do it but. it was for some older version and it wasent the same on maya 2008 but now i have another problem lol i cant figure out why i dont have the modeling setting . like the thing thats under file and edit. but im wondering again if its cause its an older version again user added image lol

# 6 05-12-2007 , 04:17 AM
Lifetime Member
In later versions of Maya the modelling menu set was split into two menues, Polygons for polygon modelling and Surfaces for nurbs modeling .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 05-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.