Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 12-03-2010 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
I want to go fishing!....
...the closest place to go fishing here is about a 2 hour drive..and.. the cost to get in the place is stupid.

i miss fishing.....

:headbang:

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 32 13-03-2010 , 08:25 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

I'll be staying put and my 2K will be spent on something more practical like a family holiday or a party with friends and hookers LOL

yeah jay lets meet in south africa for the world cup already bought a few tickets to some games user added image

# 33 15-03-2010 , 10:10 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ahh GMan

Pity you are so far mate, I have a two dayer coming up over easter break.....

Murambi...cool mate!!

Jay

# 34 19-03-2010 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
Jay..at least take me some more pics like you did last fall!...i can live vicariously through your camera....Aye i can...

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 35 19-03-2010 , 07:39 PM
2 Day binge eh Jay? Sounds cool!

Hey G man dont Americans hate carp? Dunno where I heard it but I remember hearing that they do for some reason.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 36 19-03-2010 , 08:14 PM
Where I grew up in Michigan Carp was always considered a garbage fish. They were fished with bow and arrow for sport but I am not sure anyone really ate them.

Most of the fishing here is for bass, walleye, perch, sunfish, bluegills, pike, salmon, and musky. I prefer perch and walleye. Pike and bass are fun to fish for as they can give a good fight.

Oh there are catfish here in Michigan as well. I am sure there may be other game fish but I think that is the list of major species we have here.

Not slamming carp. Not all carp are the same. I have had talapia and I believe that is a species of carp. It's has very sweet and non-oily meat. I hear the carp species we have here in michigan are not very palatable. But as I have never had any or know anyone that has I can't verify it.

I have not had fresh caught fish here in michigan for some time now. The last time I was fishing up north there was some kind of worm infestation in the meat of the fish. The DNR (department of natural resources) said they were safe to eat but the idea of eating something with worms that you can see in the meat was not very appetizing.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 19-03-2010 at 08:21 PM.
# 37 19-03-2010 , 08:27 PM
In South FL, where I grew up, it was mostly bass, bream, catfish, and the occasional alligator gar in the canal systems. In the Everglades, it was Mudfish. It was all catch and release.

I liked salt water fishing a bit more...kingfish (spanish mackeral), mahi mahi, blackfin tuna, yellow snapper, red drum, wahoo, tarpon, etc....good fighting...good to eat...a majority of them were anyway....Bonitas were common to catch...hard fighting fish but too bloody to really eat. The only thing I didn't like about going out is I'd always manage to get seasick...no scopalamine patches back then and dramamine didn't really work. The Drift boat captain would always make jokes about my "Chumming for fish.":shakehead In any case, after tossing my breakfast for awhile, I'd manage to get up and fish.

On a side note, my Dad used to shrimp for years...really hardcore into it. You can see their eyes light up at night when flashing a light on them...used to headdown to several places in Miami and track his nightly hauls....our freezer in the garage used to be packed with large ziplock bags of shrimp.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 38 20-03-2010 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
Ohh as far as that goes Gster, I hate fish all together, I'm the best fishing partner in the world I hate to eat fish, but i love to go fishin. For me its getting out with nature, and enjoying nature, the relaxation of forgetting that my motherboard exists with all of its cantankerous attachments. And just enjoying the nice breeze, rippling water and outdoor goodness that we've all seamed to have forgotten in the rush to become new aged.

so yea, If Jay ( Or anyone else ) and I ever go fish'n, you can have everything I catch, so long as i get to enjoy the conversation and the nature around us.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 39 20-03-2010 , 07:59 AM
I didnt mean for eating, meant for catching, i.e good sport.

Its always catch and release.

Hunting with a bow? Sounds a bit mad. I used to do Archery but it was target.

# 40 20-03-2010 , 10:33 AM
Carp are essentially like the pigs of the water. they roll around in the muck and stuff, but they are great sport to catch. The bigger they are the harder they are to actually get them to take the bait. We use boilies (for those not in the know, they look like giant gumballs) They have all flavours ranging from tutti frutti to Tuna and Chilli flavors. Carp are one particular species of fish that learn as they get older - up to 60years in fact. Its always catch and release with carp, though I believe people are setting up carp farms to breed them for eating because of the decline of cod in the sea around the UK. They did a test on it on one of these chef programmes on TV, it went down quite well with most people.

Stuff like bream are a bloody nuisance as they are always scavenging on the carp bait, plus when you catch them they are the slimiest fish in the water, and the slime just stinks!! Even days after my unhooking mat has just reeked -even when dry!! I had to put it in the machine - wot a hummer. Perch are fun to catch though they are aggresive little buggers to say the least.

anyway back to 3d, Im beginning to geek on fishing LOL

best to all
Jay

# 41 20-03-2010 , 10:48 AM
Yeah, get a lot of bream near me in the canal, soon as you hook em they give up! Perch do fight quite a bit. Want to go for a fich over easter now!

I actually saw carp for sale in the supermarket the other day.

Right has maya 2011 got a auto fish button?

# 42 20-03-2010 , 01:25 PM
probably in the PFX section under the water section LOL Paint fish brush

# 43 20-03-2010 , 01:44 PM
Hunting the carp with a bow was pretty interesting. I have never done it but I spoke to some folks that did. They wore Polaroid glasses to eliminate glare. But it was still tricky to aim because you had to adjust for the refraction of the water. There was a reel of string that attached the bow to the arrow and they would just haul them in once they shot em. Not sure how much of a fight you'd get out of a skewered fish though. user added image

and gster, alas I think autodesk is more likely to add the "auto fish" button before they make any improvements to the modeling tools. user added image

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 20-03-2010 at 01:46 PM.
# 44 20-03-2010 , 06:13 PM
EduSciVis-er
Have you heard of aerial bow-fishing? Where they shoot the fish as they leap out of the water? Crazy stuff.

Anyway, why not an "auto fish" button... they have a "make ocean" and "make boat" button!

# 45 23-03-2010 , 03:02 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
damn this guys at maya are lazy i have been seeing this errors in maya since version 7

Attached Thumbnails